Nysmith Academic Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Nysmith Academic Forum

An academic forum for the Nysmith community

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

transparent metal

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kamranf4A

transparent metal Empty
PostSubject: transparent metal   transparent metal EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 9:03 pm

Idea
I think we should manufacture metal that is as transparent as glass. Why Question We can make houses made of metal and use Transparent Metal as windows. Again, why Question These metal houses will protect our homes from objects falling from the sky, maybe even bombs and meteorites!
Back to top Go down
kamranf4A

transparent metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: transparent metal   transparent metal EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 9:41 pm

Wait, instead of transparent metal, I think we should make transparent tungsten. Because tungsten would provide better defense.
Back to top Go down
BhandarkarA

BhandarkarA

transparent metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: transparent metal   transparent metal EmptySat Oct 03, 2009 7:31 pm

I believe that transparent tungsten has indeed been fabricated. The purposes are for increased conductivity in an electrical circuit rather than house protection as you propose. Here's a website for more:

Transparent Tungsten
Back to top Go down
kamranf4A

transparent metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: transparent metal   transparent metal EmptySat Oct 03, 2009 8:29 pm

thx for the link Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

transparent metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: transparent metal   transparent metal Empty

Back to top Go down

transparent metal
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Nysmith Academic Forum :: Science-
Jump to: