Nysmith Academic Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Nysmith Academic Forum

An academic forum for the Nysmith community

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Online Competition III

Go down 
AuthorMessage
BhandarkarA

BhandarkarA

Online Competition III Empty
PostSubject: Online Competition III   Online Competition III EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 1:37 pm

We would like to announce Competition III which will feature a team round instead of an individual one. We will be selecting 5-20 difficult problems to be completed during recess/study hall. (Thus, try and make it so that team members are within your class.) By Wednesday morning of the upcoming week, the problems will be released.

Rules
  • Teams should consist of 2-4 members and can be selected as per the preference of the group's members.
  • Inform me of the day in the seven day period your team is taking the test. At 3:00 pm, you should be ready to hand in your test.
  • You can take the test in broken intervals during the school day as long as you give it to me at 3:00
  • There shall be no external help in the slightest
  • Calculators are allowed

IF YOU HAVE A FORUM ACCOUNT, FORM YOUR TEAM BY REPLYING IN THE FORUM. IF NOT, CONTACT ME WITH THE INFORMATION ABOUT THE MEMBERS OF YOUR TEAM.

Good luck,
Archis R. Bhandarkar
Back to top Go down
BhandarkarA

BhandarkarA

Online Competition III Empty
PostSubject: Re: Online Competition III   Online Competition III EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 9:04 pm

Starting soon! Pick your teams! Go, go, go!

We noticed there may be conflicts with doing it during lunch, so we're adding different components to the competition. These will be elaborated upon soon.

Edit: This is for those who just tuned in. By "different components", I mean a "race" with math problems throughout the school. The winner is whoever scores the most on the challenge team round and the farthest in the "race."
Back to top Go down

Online Competition III
Page 1 of 1