Nysmith Academic Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Nysmith Academic Forum

An academic forum for the Nysmith community

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Discussion: focus of sciences

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
BhandarkarA

BhandarkarA

Discussion: focus of sciences Empty
PostSubject: Discussion: focus of sciences   Discussion: focus of sciences EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 7:00 pm

Scientific Discussion

In the 21st century, what should we focus on in the sciences? Epigenetics, Astronomy, Geology, Biology, Chemistry, etc.? State your opinion and why. Be ready to discuss yours with others and debate.
Back to top Go down
kamranf4A

PostSubject: Re: Discussion: focus of sciences   Discussion: focus of sciences EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 10:44 pm

bom Why Question Because we need to advance our minds Exclamation bom
Back to top Go down
fremlinc

PostSubject: Re: Discussion: focus of sciences   Discussion: focus of sciences EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 8:44 pm

but what do you think we should advance in? I think we should study Astronomy more so we can get of this dying rock to another planet and continue to live.
Back to top Go down
kamranf4A

PostSubject: Re: Discussion: focus of sciences   Discussion: focus of sciences EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 8:50 pm

We should study all the scientific studies equally. Because if we mostly just study astronomy and protect our lives from outer space we will be killed from our inner bodies since we will be lacking health knowledge.
Back to top Go down
BhandarkarA

BhandarkarA

PostSubject: Re: Discussion: focus of sciences   Discussion: focus of sciences EmptySat Oct 03, 2009 7:43 pm

kamranf4A wrote:
We should study all the scientific studies equally. Because if we mostly just study astronomy and protect our lives from outer space we will be killed from our inner bodies since we will be lacking health knowledge.
A very nice insight on the matter kamranf. Smile

fremlinc wrote:
I think we should study Astronomy more so we can get of this dying rock to another planet and continue to live.
Dying rock? Maybe too big of an exaggeration? Look at it more from an optimistic perspective: instead of considering our planet as "dying", think of it as having the potential to thrive with the advancing knowledge the common man has on the environment. If we all take steps to a better environment, we can hand in hand forge to a better future.

fremlinc wrote:
Astronomy
Kamranf, imagine if you had to choose one particular focus to put the most money into. It is indeed an ideal to equally focus on all the sciences, but some need more attention than others. Advance in medicine may be more critical than say, geology, as it saves precious human life. Perhaps you may think of it from a different perspective for another science.

For astronomy, I'm not as convinced regarding its importance. What makes it better than advance in medicine and the energy crisis on our own planet? Just playing Devil's advocate. Smile
Back to top Go down
kamranf4A

PostSubject: Re: Discussion: focus of sciences   Discussion: focus of sciences EmptySat Oct 03, 2009 7:54 pm

The name is Kamran not Kamranf. F is just my last name's initial

(just so you know)
Back to top Go down
Headhunter09

PostSubject: Re: Discussion: focus of sciences   Discussion: focus of sciences EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 7:31 pm

nanotech will solve all of our problems.
Back to top Go down
BradfordC

PostSubject: Hmmm...   Discussion: focus of sciences EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 12:03 pm

I agree with Kamran, we need to invest in all aspects of science. Archis, you do make a very good point when you note that medicine may be more important than geology, but I think that it depends on the time. For example, after the recent quakes in China, Chile, and Haiti, both medicine and geology are important (medicine to help people and geology to find fault lines and provide warning), but other sciences, such as zoology and genetics, have taken a backseat. Soon, it will be zoology and genetics' turn. We need to pick and choose our investments according to the changing world we live in. I am confident that we can save "this dying rock," Carl, and, as much as I would like to see a human on Mars, I think that we must reality-check ourselves and decide that environmental sciences are important NOW, so that's what we should focus on NOW.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Discussion: focus of sciences   Discussion: focus of sciences Empty

Back to top Go down

Discussion: focus of sciences
Page 1 of 1